Voice Of The Crew - Since 2002

Los Angeles, California

HomeIndustry SectorCommercialsCarl Schumacher Joins Optimus as Editor

Carl Schumacher Joins Optimus as Editor

-

LR-Carl Schumacher-email

Carl Schumacher
Carl Schumacher
Chicago-based Optimus announced that it has hired editor Carl Schumacher. A veteran of the Chicago post community, Schumacher brings experience with brands as diverse as The Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Disney, Indiana University Health, Miller Lite, Oscar Mayer and State Farm for agencies including DDB, Digitas, Leo Burnett, McGarryBowen and Schafer Condon Carter.

“We are thrilled to welcome Carl to our team,” said Optimus EP/managing director Gretchen Praeger. “He is a great fit for Optimus, especially during this exciting time as we expand our roster and anticipate our move to the Wrigley Building.”

Most recently, Schumacher was an editor and partner at Conspiracy. Before that, he worked at Cutters in Chicago from 2007 until early this year. At Cutters, Schumacher worked his way up from intern to assistant and then made his way to the editor’s chair in 2010. He earned this relatively quick promotion to editor by working to cut anything and everything he could get his hands on, from commercial client work to videos and short films he did in his own time. Schumacher graduated from Michigan State University in 2006 with a degree in film and telecommunications. Hailing from Detroit, he grew up visiting commercial sets with his mother, who worked as a craft services manager in the industry.

“I’ve known and admired Optimus and Tom Duff since I got started in the business,” said Schumacher. “Tom is a legend in the industry, and he’s one of the nicest guys to boot. I’m so excited to join the company as it begins to create its next chapter.”

- Advertisment -

Popular

Beowulf and 3-D

By Henry Turner Beowulf in 3D is a unique experience, raising not just questions about future of cinema, but also posing unique problems that the...