Saturday, April 20, 2024
Subscribe Now

Voice Of The Crew - Since 2002

Los Angeles, California

HomeCommunityWho's Where?Director Gurinder Chadha Joins Bully Pictures

Director Gurinder Chadha Joins Bully Pictures

-

bullypictures.logo1British director Gurinder Chadha, best known for films including Blinded by the Light and Bend It Like Beckham¸ is entering the U.S. advertising market for the first time via Bully Pictures. The Los Angeles-based production company will pursue commercials, branded-content and other advertising-related projects for Chadha, whose films have garnered more than $300 million dollars worldwide, making her one of the UK’s most prolific female directors of all time.

Director Gurinder Chadha
Director Gurinder Chadha

Chadha, who is of Indian descent, was born in Kenya and grew up in London. After beginning her career as a journalist with the BBC, she turned to directing, making her debut with the documentary short I’m British But… for Channel 4. That was followed by several more award-winning documentaries. Her first narrative feature, Bhaji on the Beach, centering on a group of Asian women on a daytrip to Blackpool, was nominated for a BAFTA for Best British Film. Her next feature, What’s Cooking? opened the 2000 Sundance Film Festival and shared an Audience Award from the New York Film Critics.

Chadha looks forward to applying her unique vision to advertising. “Advertising is an interesting space for a storyteller,” she says. “I see a lot of diversity in ads today, more women, more powerful women and a lot of color. That is appealing to me.”

For more information please visit www.bullypictures.com

- Advertisment -

Popular

Beowulf and 3-D

By Henry Turner Beowulf in 3D is a unique experience, raising not just questions about future of cinema, but also posing unique problems that the...