Thursday, April 18, 2024
Subscribe Now

Voice Of The Crew - Since 2002

Los Angeles, California

HomeIndustry SectorCommercialsOptimus Names Mike Berg as Newest Editor

Optimus Names Mike Berg as Newest Editor

-

Chicago-based Optimus announced the promotion of Mike Berg to editor. Berg currently has three national campaigns on the air – including American Family Insurance, CDW and UPS .

“Since joining Optimus, Mike has proven that he has the talent, personality and perseverance required to be an editor,” said Optimus editor/partner Randy Palmer. “Moreover, he has the unique combination of creative and technical talent that makes him a great editor. It’s clear to us – and our clients – that Mike is doing what he loves.”

Berg, a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison, came to Optimus in 2007 from JWT, where he was an in-house editor. He also does improvisational comedy at the iO Theater, and still does his daily comic for the University of Wisconsin’s Badger Herald.

“Optimus is a great fit for me, and editing is the perfect mixture of so many of my interests,” said Berg. “I have always loved computers and electronics – earning my degree in electrical engineering and computer science – but I also am passionate about storytelling in TV and film. Additionally, I see many parallels between my improv and editorial work. Both require the ability to adapt quickly if something isn’t working in terms of telling the story.”

“The clients make the editor,” said Optimus president Tom Duff. “In addition to his editorial talent, Mike’s composure and ability to breed confidence have led him to where he is today. The ongoing client kudos he receives is a testament to these qualities.”

- Advertisment -

Popular

Beowulf and 3-D

By Henry Turner Beowulf in 3D is a unique experience, raising not just questions about future of cinema, but also posing unique problems that the...