Friday, March 29, 2024
Subscribe Now

Voice Of The Crew - Since 2002

Los Angeles, California

HomeGearTim Thorsteinson Appointed CEO of Quantel and Snell

Tim Thorsteinson Appointed CEO of Quantel and Snell

-

Tim Thorsteinson has been appointed as CEO of Quantel and Snell effective immediately. Thorsteinson has held many senior roles in the media technology industry including twice as the CEO of Grass Valley, president of the broadcast communications division of Harris Corp., and president and CEO of Enablence.

Ray Cross has stepped down as chairman and CEO after 10 years at the helm.

“We are delighted to have Tim Thorsteinson join Quantel to continue the company’s transformation. Tim has a proven track record of value creation, and his knowledge and experience are a great fit to grow the combined Quantel and Snell business into a major force in the rapidly changing broadcast industry,” said Chris Hurley, managing director Lloyds Development Capital and Quantel board director. “I would also like to thank Ray for all his hard work and achievements at Quantel over the past 10 years.”

“I’m very excited to be joining Quantel,” said Thorsteinson. “It is one of the larger independent businesses in our industry, with world-class products and a rich history of innovation. I want to build on that tradition to create an organization 100% focused on helping our customers prosper in the media technology world.”

- Advertisment -

Popular

Brad Allan

Over the Weekend 8/9/21: Night Court‘s Markie Post Dies, The Suicide...

Unfortunately, this past weekend was one full of sadness as a number of prominent and beloved people from across our industry passed away. First up, Markie...

Beowulf and 3-D