Saturday, April 20, 2024
Subscribe Now

Voice Of The Crew - Since 2002

Los Angeles, California

HomeIndustry SectorCommercialsWild(child) Editorial Adds Editor Diego Panich To Its New York Roster

Wild(child) Editorial Adds Editor Diego Panich To Its New York Roster

-

Diego Panich
Yvette Pineyro, founder of Wild(child) Editorial announced that Diego Panich, one of Argentina’s premiere editors will make the move to New York this month to join her Flatiron-based editorial boutique.

Panich recently cut Volkswagen’s “Duel,” and Norte Beer’s “Photoblocker”– two spots with original points of view and clever, unconventional approaches to storytelling.

“I’m always looking for creative talent to complement Wild(child)’s global roster of editors,” said Pineyro. “Diego is an extraordinary multi-dimensional talent who brings a level of emotion and power to his editing that makes him a perfect fit with the U.S. commercial market. Diego brings an incredible rhythm to his work that draws from his background as a musician, and his quirky sense of humor translates to a range of comedic storytelling – from subtle, dry wit to over-the-top funny.”

“This has been a banner year for Diego. His work has been showcased in a steady stream of high-profile spots, including ‘Rock Star City’ featuring Lenny Kravitz and ‘Rabbit’ starring Kate Moss for Basement, and two commercials featuring actor Hugh Jackman in Lipton Ice Tea’s new campaign,” Pineyro added. “And now the recent accolades the Volkswagen and Norte Beer spots have received, and recognition in Creativity’s ‘Top 20 Spots’ (‘Photobuster’) and Adweek’s ‘Spot Of The Day’ (‘Duel.’)”

“Duel,”’ a :30 out of DDB Argentina for Tiguan Park Assist, creates an unexpected mood and feel to showcase the dry humor of an unexpected storyline about a driver’s experience with the auto-assist parking feature during a standoff over a parking spot. Luciano Podcaminsky, director of the new Volkswagen spot, (represented in the U.S. by Landia and Radical Media), has a long collaborative relationship with Diego, and once again tapped into his talents for this commercial. Panich found the pulse of the story, and brought his wry sense of humor and timing to the shaping of the scenario into a captivating story that can almost stand alone as humorous short-form entertainment – while still delivering the product’s message in a memorable way.

“Photoblocker” for Norte Beer, out of Del Campo Saatchi Saatchi/Buenos Aires, introduces another piece of technological wizardry – a ‘smart’ beer cooler with sensors that can detect a camera flash and generates a flash of its own that ruins the photo – ensuring that an undesirable photo of the beer drinker won’t find its way to the social network. The spot takes place in a club where just such an attempt to infringe on the privacy of a patron enjoying a Norte Beer is thwarted by the device.

“I’m looking forward to moving to New York and partnering with agency creatives in the U.S.,” says Panich. “I’m also very excited about working at Wild(child) Editorial. Yvette and I have forged a great relationship, and I couldn’t imagine working at a company more vested in bringing a global perspective to the U.S. commercial arena.”

Panich’s roster of work includes award-winning spots for Peugeot and Gatorade, “Rabbit,” starring supermodel Kate Moss and “Rock Star City,” featuring music icon Lenny Kravitz – both for Basement. Panich’s high-profile commercial Nike “Surgery,” garnered a Bronze Clio award in 2008, and his spot for MTV, entitled “Father + Daughter,” was awarded the Cannes Silver Lion. Most recently the editor lent his talents to Lipton Ice Teaʼs newest global spot, “Join The Dance,” featuring actor Hugh Jackman and directed by Luciano Podcaminsky out of @Radical/Stink, NY.

- Advertisment -

Popular

Beowulf and 3-D

By Henry Turner Beowulf in 3D is a unique experience, raising not just questions about future of cinema, but also posing unique problems that the...