Submissions for the 58th Annual Cinema Audio Society (CAS) Awards are now open HERE. All entries must be received by 5 p.m. PT on Dec. 21, 2021. Additionally, the application deadline for the 2021 CAS Student Recognition Award has been extended to 5 p.m. PT on Nov. 19, 2021.
The CAS Awards recognize Outstanding Sound Mixing in film and television, Outstanding Products for Production and Post-Production, as well as the recipient of the CAS Student Recognition Award.
The live event returns, March 19, 2022, to the InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown at the Wilshire Grand Ballroom, where legendary director and producer Sir Ridley Scott will receive the Cinema Audio Society Filmmaker Award. Also, being honored that evening with the CAS Career Achievement Award is Re-Recording Mixer, Paul Massey CAS.
Visit the CAS awards timeline/awards homepage for this year’s deadlines and updated entry and promotional rules at CinemaAudioSociety.org.
- Entry submission form is available online on Nov. 9, 2021, on the CAS website here.
- Entry submissions are due online by 5 p.m. PT, Dec. 21, 2021
- Nomination ballot voting begins online on Jan. 6, 2022
- Nomination ballot voting ends online at 5 p.m. PT, Jan. 18, 2022
- Final Nominees in each category are announced on Jan. 25, 2022 (Nominee listing error and omission deadline is Feb. 4, 2022)
- Final voting begins online on Feb. 24, 2022
- Final voting Ends online at 5 p.m. PT, March 8, 2022
- Application forms are available on the CAS website here now.
- Application period has been extended. The entry submissions are due by 5 p.m. PT, Nov. 19, 2021
- Finalists are announced on Nov. 30, 2021
- The winner is announced at 58th CAS Awards on March 19, 2022