American Cinema Editors’ EditFest Global returns during a virtual event on August 28 and 29, 2021, offering access to the insight and experiences of the world’s finest editors. EditFest Global successfully debuted in 2020 as the online partner to EditFest’s popular in-person events in Los Angeles and London.
The lineup for the two-day virtual event features live and prerecorded conversations with an array of the world’s most talented editors working across all genres and outlets. EditFest Global also offers direct interaction with ACE editors, industry experts and a community of attendees in live breakout rooms.
The schedule for EditFest Global 2021 is available here. The days kick off at 9:15 am, and end at 2:00 pm PDT, on Saturday and Sunday, August 28 and 29. Highlights include:
Editing For Musicals
Moderated by Carolyn Giardina, Tech Editor at The Hollywood Reporter
• Kris Fitzgerald – Central Park
• Ali Greer – Schmigadoon!
• Alan Heim, ACE – All That Jazz
• Virginia Katz, ACE – Dreamgirls, Beauty and the Beast
• Myron Kerstein, ACE – In the Heights, Crazy Rich Asians, tick, tick…Boom
Inside the Cutting Room with Bobbie O’Steen: A Conversation with Tom Cross, ACE
The author of The Invisible Cut & Cut to the Chase joins the esteemed editor of Whiplash, La La Land, First Man, No Time to Die
From Assistant to Editor: Mentoring the Next Generation
Moderated by Matt Feury, Senior Director, Artist Relations, AVID
Part 1 – The Mentors
• Alan Baumgarten, ACE – Trial of the Chicago 7, Molly’s Game
• Ben Bulatao, ACE – Deadliest Catch, Florida Man
• Melissa McCoy, ACE – Ted Lasso, Whiskey Cavalier
• Joi McMillon, ACE – Zola, The Underground Railroad, Moonlight
• Harry Yoon, ACE – Minari, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
Part 2 – The Assistants
• Francesca Castro
• Irene Chun
• Christina Mar
• Daniel Morfesis
• Art O’Leary, ACE
International Partner Program Launch
Strengthening the Art of Editing in the Global Film Community
Moderated by Jazz Tangcay, Senior Artisans Editor at Variety
• Alexander Berner, ACE – Babylon Berlin, Cloud Atlas, Resident Evil
• Janus Billeskov Jansen – Flee, Another Round, Pelle The Conqueror
• Yang Jinmo, ACE – Parasite, Snowpiercer, Train to Busan
• Soledad Salfate – A Fantastic Woman, Somos., Gloria Bell
• Michelle Tesoro, ACE – The Queen’s Gambit, Flag Day, When They See Us
Over the course of EditFest Global, attendees can sign up to engage in breakout rooms and converse with a world of talented editors:
Networking Break-Out Rooms
• Josie Azzam and Susan E Kim – Discussion with Sally Menke 2020/21 Fellows
• Patricia Barnett, ACE – iCarly, Everybody Loves Raymond, Call Your Mother
• Kirk Baxter, ACE – The Social Network, Mank
• Lillian Benson, ACE – Chicago Med, Maya Angelou: And Still I Rise
• Avril Beukes, ACE – Respect, Queen Sugar
• Daysha Broadway, ACE – A Black Lady Sketch Show, Insecure
• Erika Dapkewicz, ACE – Vivo, Puss and Boots
• Susan Federman, ACE – How I Met Your Mother, Man with a Plan
• Dana E. Glauberman, ACE – The Mandalorian, Ghostbusters: Afterlife
• Yana Gorskaya, ACE – What We Do in the Shadows, Hunt for the Wilderpeople
• Jessica Hernández, ACE – A Black Lady Sketch Show, Self-Made
• Charles Little II, ACE – 911, Lone Star
• Mikkel E.G. Nielsen, ACE – Sound of Metal
• Julio C. Perez IV, ACE – Euphoria, Malcolm & Marie
• Stephen Rivkin, ACE – Avatar, Pirates of the Caribbean
• Molly Shock, ACE – Top Chef All Stars, Rupaul’s Drag Race All Stars
• Rosanne Tan, ACE – The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Mr. Robot, Homecoming
• Frédéric Thoraval, ACE – Promising Young Woman
• Andrew Weisblum, ACE – The French Dispatch, Black Swan, tick, tick…Boom!
Breakout rooms will be moderated by Matthew Allen, Susana Benaim, Alfonso Carrion, Alyssa Donovan, Glenn Garland, Robbie Gibbon, Hailey Ruffner, Kelly Soll, Christina Velez, and Shannon Weiss.
As announced earlier, EditFest Global is unveiling its long-awaited International Partner Program during the event. The program is designed to strengthen the art of editing in the global film community with formalized opportunities to be part of ACE.
EditFest Global membership is open to all and can be purchased here. Membership and tickets for both days are $69; tickets for the event alone are available for $40. Valuable membership benefits include 2021 EditFest Global online events; an entire year of content; ongoing offers and discounts from ACE, its partners and sponsors; and a subscription to Cinema Editor magazine. ACE members and current Cinema Editor magazine subscribers can join EditFest Global for free.