Sunday, April 28, 2024
Subscribe Now

Voice Of The Crew - Since 2002

Los Angeles, California

HomeCraftsChoreographyKarate Kid Fight Choreographer Pat E. Johnson Passes Away at 84

Karate Kid Fight Choreographer Pat E. Johnson Passes Away at 84

-

Pat E. Johnson

Stuntman and fight choreographer Pat E. Johnson has sadly passed away. Johnson was famous for his contributions to film, including his work as a fight choreographer on The Karate Kid and stunt work on the action masterpiece Enter the Dragon. The martial artist was also well-known and well-regarded for his collaborations with Chuck Norris; both men trained and earned black belts in Korea.

“For those that don’t know, my husband, Pat Johnson, passed away yesterday,” Sue Johnson posted on Facebook. “I was blessed to have all my sons here with me – we cried, we laughed, we held each other close. 54 years off my life is now at peace, and I am blessed with so many amazing memories, friends, children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. If anyone wants to remember him through a donation in his name, we believe greatly in the Diabetes association or living Kidney association – both near and dear to our hearts. Thank you to everyone who has reached out and to those who have appreciated his work in films and his great love of the Martial Arts and all the people that became family through them. Love to all, Sue Johnson and Family.”

Johnson’s contributions to film will forever live on in films such as William Friedkin‘s To Live and Die in L.A. and cult films such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Mortal Kombat. Hardcore Chuck Norris fans are more than familiar with their collaborations, including Johnson co-writing A Force of One and playing a part in Good Guys Wear Black. He was a key figure in the world of action.

Johnson wrestled in high school. Years later, he went on to serve as a U.S. Army chaplain in the early ’60s. While the man was serving in Korea, that’s where he studied Tang Soo Do, earned his black belt, and went on to give audiences the flying crane kick in The Karate Kid and other memorable moments on celluloid.

- Advertisment -

Popular

Time for a Pivot

Below the Line started 24 years ago with the simple idea of shining a bright light on the seemingly endless supply of talented craftspeople...

Beowulf and 3-D