Avid announced the release of Avid DS 11 – the newest version of the company’s full-featured editing, graphics creation, color correction and compositing system. With new features such as hands-on color correction with Avid Artist Color integration, expanded file format and hardware support, 16 channels of embedded audio and total conform to Media Composer 6 and Symphony 6, DS 11 enables customers to maximize creativity and enhance productivity through more integrated, flexible workflows.
“With DS 11 our customers have all the editing, compositing, painting, conforming and finishing tools they need to create and deliver projects fast,” said David Colantuoni, senior director of product management at Avid. “We’re pleased to deliver enhanced integration and flexibility in DS 11, providing our customers with the highest quality tools that can help them spend more time on creating rather than rendering or exporting to other applications.”
New Features in Avid DS 11 include:
· Avid Artist Color and Avid Artist Transport Integration – Offering greater hands-on precision and the ability to speed up color correction, grading, editing and navigation with support for Artist Color and Artist Transport control surfaces. These surfaces are now supported across all Avid professional video editing products.
· Resolution Independent Canvas – Allowing editors to customize the size for source generators and visual effects, saving time and improving quality for high-resolution graphics creation.
· Blending modes in timeline – Accelerating workflows by blending operations directly on the timeline to single or multiple clips or containers.
· Long-GOP Support – Enabling editors to connect to and play Long-GOP MXF essence (such as from XDCAM) when conforming from Media Composer or Symphony, eliminating transcoding time.
· Avid DNxHD 444 – Allowing users to edit high-resolution media in real time – in master quality – using the high-quality compressed Avid DNxHD 444 codec.
· HDR File Support – Enabling use of HDR imagery in projects with support for the Open EXR and TIFF DCDM format
· 16 Channels Embedded SDI Audio – Enabling bigger, richer audio mixes with capture and output up to 16 channels of audio (up from 8) or send up to 16 channels of audio through AFE from Media Composer.
· RED SDK – Supporting RED EPIC and SCARLET camera footage.
· Media Composer 6/Symphony 6 Conform – Speeding workflows with the ability to send high-resolution 2D sequences to Avid DS directly from Media Composer 6 or Symphony 6. In addition, DS 11 integrates with the latest version of Avid Interplay and Avid ISIS shared storage systems to simultaneously access and share media.
Avid DS 11 software is available immediately at a SMRP $9,999 USD for professional licenses. Each comes standard with a copy of Media Composer 6 software. Upgrade pricing begins at SMRP $4,999 US. Avid DS 11 can also be purchased as a turnkey hardware/software system for an additional cost.