Though the 64th annual Emmys are over, a salute to “The Best of Television Legends” is coming to The Hollywood Museum Nov. 6. This exhibit, honoring the magic of television and spotlighting the legends that have captured the hearts of Americans over the past 60 years, showcases the largest selection of costumes and props from more than 40 television shows. The exhibit is on display through the end of November. The Hollywood Museum is located in the Historic Max Factor Building, 1660 N. Highland Avenue at Hollywood Blvd. www.TheHollywoodMuseum.com.
“So many memorable icons like Jeannie’s bottle or Ricky Ricardo’s bongo drums bring back nostalgia of the television shows and the legendary stars that we have all known and loved throughout the years,” said Donelle Dadigan, president of The Hollywood Museum. “We are preserving these memories for fans of all ages to enjoy.”
Television shows spotlighted in “The Best of Television Legends” include:
• I Love Lucy – See the original “For Red Heads Only “ makeup room where Max Factor gave Lucille Ball her red hair.
• The Beverly Hillbillies – See Jed’s hat and other original costumes.
• I Dream of Jeannie – View the original Genie lamp used in production.
• SMASH – Features their Marilyn Monroe dresses and scenes from SMASH.
• The Simple Life – Paris Hilton’s dresses on display.
• The Addams Family – See iconic props including Morticia’s tea set.
• Baywatch – See Pamela Anderson’s iconic red bathing suit.
The exhibit will also include costumes from The Sopranos, The Carol Burnett Show, Mama’s Family, V.I.P., The Sonny & Cher Show, Dynasty, Magnum, P.I., Battlestar Galactica, Everybody Loves Raymond and Gomer Pyle: USMC.