CineGear Expo has announced that its annual Film Series Competition will take place on Saturday, October 3, at noon PDT, and as with many things in 2020, it will be held virtually. People can participate free via phone, tablet, computer or smart television.
Guest hosted and moderated by Jay Holben, the festival will include a schedule of curated film finalists in different categories: Independent Shorts, Music Video/Commercials and Student Shorts with submissions from AFI, USC and London film schools
The screenings will be followed by a networking event complete with trivia and prize giveaways and chat with the viewers having a chance to vote for their favorite film in each category. These will be tallied by CineGear’s independent industry judges and then there will be an Awards Presentation where winners will receive filmmaking prizes donated by top industry tech and service companies.
You can register for the Film Series Competition and see the schedule here. Those who register will receive links and detailed instructions.
Screenings will take place between noon and 5:17 pm PDT and then the after-party will take place for the next hour after that.
You can see the full list of finalists below:
Independent Short Film finalists:
• Swimming, Director: Anna Chi
• Sound, Director/Writer: Tawan Bazemore
• Second Team, Director: Ria Pavia
• Stevie, Director/Writer: Eric L. Thompson
• Godspeed MC/For God and Country, Director: R.J. Hall
• Stormchaser, Director: Gretl Claggett
• Waves, Director: Jane Hae Kim
• The Entity, Director/Writer: Chi K. In
Music Video / Commercial Finalists:
• Nice Shoes, Director/Writer: Jonathan Lawrence
• Hey, Beautiful!, Director: Kenneth Ferrone
• Chasing the Horizon, Director: Sasha A. Logov
• Alive, Director/Writer: Carissa Dorson
• Oo La La, Director/Writer/Producer: Frank Rogala
• James Arthur feat. Travis Barker – You, Director/Producer: Timon Birkhofer
• Stellar Moto Brand Commercial, Director/Writer: Iggi Ogard
• About the Girl in the Trunk, Director/Writer: Lindsay Clift
• Slant – With or Without You, Director: Vez Visuals
Student Short Film Finalists:
• Día de Las Carpas – AFI Conservatory, Director: Joao Dall’Stella
• They Won’t Last – AFI Conservatory, Director: Portlynn Tagavi
• Natives – The Peter Stark Producing Program, Director: Ramon Farrier
• Tree #3 – AFI Conservatory, Director: Omer Ben-Shachar
• Our Home Here – AFI Conservatory, Director: Angela Chen
• GROK SEE BLUE – AFI Conservatory, Director/Producer: Quinn Else
• A Guide to Being Herman – USC Film School, Director: Sergio Zaciu
• Furthest From – AFI Conservatory, Director: Kyung Sok Kim
• Time Difference – London College of Communications, Director: Xuqin Sun
• Pumpkin – CAL State LA, Television, Film & Media Studies, Director: Chris Collins
This year’s virtual festival is brought to you by CineGear Expo in conjunction with AutoDCP and Sunset Magicwerks, LLC. Sponsors include: Driving Plates, Litegear, Cush Light, Duclos Lenses, ENTTEC, Moss LED, OWC, Quasar Science, Azden, Grosso Kresser Vineyard, Band Pro Film and Digital, Fotodiox, InkTip, LA NY 411, Ledgo Technology Limited, Litra, Sigma and Matthews Studio Equipment.
You can get more information at the CinaGear Expo site.