The Hollywood Post Alliance announced the call for entries for the 9th annual HPA Awards, scheduled for Nov. 6, 2014 at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles.
The HPA Awards recognize the achievements of individuals and companies that have made outstanding contributions to the creative process, or groundbreaking technologies within the postproduction industry.
The HPA Awards include the following competitive categories:
- Outstanding Color Grading-Feature Film
- Outstanding Color Grading-Television
- Outstanding Color Grading-Commercial
- Outstanding Editing-Feature Film
- Outstanding Editing-Television
- Outstanding Editing-Commercial
- Outstanding Sound-Feature Film
- Outstanding Sound-Television
- Outstanding Sound-Commercial
- Outstanding Visual Effects-Feature Film
- Outstanding Visual Effects-Television
- Outstanding Visual Effects-Commercial
- Engineering Excellence Award
- HPA Judges Award for Creativity and Innovation in Postproduction
The period of eligibility for the HPA Awards is Sept. 4, 2013 through Sept. 2, 2014. To be considered eligible, work must have debuted domestically and/or internationally during this period. Entrants need not be members of the Hollywood Post Alliance or working in the U.S. to submit work for consideration.
Submissions for the creative categories will be accepted May 16-July 11 and early bird entries (reduced fee for the creative categories) will be accepted through June 6. Submissions for the engineering excellence award and the creativity and innovation award will be accepted until June 20. Entrants for the engineering excellence award will be invited to present at a special HPA judging event in early August.
For more information, visit: www.hpaawards.net.