The Hollywood Post Alliance announced its call for entries for the 8th Annual HPA Awards, which will take place on the evening of Nov. 7 at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles, Calif. The HPA Awards recognize the achievements of the individuals and companies that have contributed to groundbreaking technologies and creative excellence within the postproduction industry.
The HPA Awards invite entries in the following competitive categories:
- Outstanding Color Grading-Feature Film
- Outstanding Color Grading-Television
- Outstanding Color Grading-Commercial
- Outstanding Editing-Feature Film
- Outstanding Editing-Television
- Outstanding Editing-Commercial
- Outstanding Sound-Feature Film
- Outstanding Sound-Television
- Outstanding Sound-Commercial
- Outstanding Visual Effects-Feature Film
- Outstanding Visual Effects-Television
- Outstanding Visual Effects-Commercial
- Engineering Excellence Award
- HPA Judges Award for Creativity and Innovation in Post Production
The period of eligibility for the HPA Awards is Sept. 11, 2012 through September 3, 2013. To be considered eligible, work must have debuted domestically and/or internationally during this period. Entrants need not be members of the Hollywood Post Alliance or working in the U.S. to submit work for consideration.
A notable difference in the 2013 competition is expansion in the visual effects categories, which have become more encompassing, focused on a broader section of the visual effects pipeline.
Complete rules, guidelines and entry information are available at: http://www.hpaawards.net.