Tuesday, April 16, 2024
Subscribe Now

Voice Of The Crew - Since 2002

Los Angeles, California

HomeBlog the LineOscars show will go on, organisers vow

Oscars show will go on, organisers vow

-

More breaking news this evening, on what is otherwise “New Hampshire” night. Here’s a lengthy snippet; you can read the full article right here.

Oscars show will go on, organisers vow

Academy Awards organisers have expressed confidence that this year’s show will go ahead, despite the bombshell cancellation of the Golden Globes.

Bruce Davis, the executive director of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, has told AFP that Oscars organisers are hopeful of reaching a deal with writers that will allow the highlight of awards season.

“At this stage we are still making our plan as normal,” Mr Davis said.

The dispute between writers and producers claimed its highest profile casualty this week when it was confirmed that Sunday’s Golden Globes ceremony had been scrapped and replaced with a press conference.

The decision came after Hollywood’s actors union, the Screen Actors Guild (SAG), announced last week that stars would not cross picket lines surrounding the show set erected by the Writers Guild of America (WGA).

The WGA has already said its members will not be allowed to write the script for the Oscars show, but has not yet explicitly confirmed if it will picket.

- Advertisment -

Popular

Beowulf and 3-D

0
By Henry Turner Beowulf in 3D is a unique experience, raising not just questions about future of cinema, but also posing unique problems that the...