Subscribe Now

Voice Of The Crew - Since 2002

Los Angeles, California

HomeIndustry SectorCommercialsAlkemy X Signs Director/DP James Bartolomeo

Alkemy X Signs Director/DP James Bartolomeo

-

James Bartolomeo
James Bartolomeo

Alkemy X announced that it has added director/DP James Bartolomeo to its roster of directors. In addition, the company has promoted Jim Huie to EP/director of production.

“James’ comedy is a great addition to our very diverse roster, and his experience in commercial work and episodic television is a perfect fit for our integrated production model,” said Ray Carballada, Alkemy X president and CEO.

Bartolomeo worked his way up from the camera department, working on feature films and episodic television with such directors as David Chase, Darren Aronofsky, James L. Brooks and Barry Levinson. He has worked in the commercial space for the past 15 years with a focus on comedy and character-driven performance.

One of his favorite projects to date was directing a PSA featuring Michelle Obama, the Sprout Channel’s “Sportacus,” and the puppet character known as Chica, which he shot in the East Room of the White House. In the commercial realm, he has worked with several national clients including Fox Network, Under Armour, Walmart, Chevy, Southwest Airlines and Comcast.

“I’m excited to join the Alkemy X roster as their comedy director because they are a 360º company with well-established talents in original programming, VFX, editorial, promos, as well as commercials,” said Bartolomeo. “But just as importantly, they have strong EPs with a great deal of experience in multiple disciplines and platforms. After years of producing work as an independent through my own production company, it became clear to me that I wanted access to more parts of the content development process and greater support as I continue to evolve as a director.”

Bartolomeo’s current projects include a comedic web series shooting in late spring, a collaboration with members of the Upright Citizens Brigade in New York. The series is currently in the script revision stage. He is also finishing a short documentary film about the Baltimore OrchKids, an after-school music program for disadvantaged kids that was created by the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra.

“My goal is to make the leap into directing TV and features,” said Bartolomeo. “I have a number of comedy projects in various stages of development and see longer-form work as an inevitable progression from years of directing commercials, which enabled me to find my voice as a storyteller.”

- Advertisment -

Popular

Brad Allan

Over the Weekend 8/9/21: Night Court‘s Markie Post Dies, The Suicide...

Unfortunately, this past weekend was one full of sadness as a number of prominent and beloved people from across our industry passed away. First up, Markie...

Beowulf and 3-D