Subscribe Now

Voice Of The Crew - Since 2002

Los Angeles, California

HomeIndustry SectorCommercialsCutters Promotes Aaron Kiser to Editor

Cutters Promotes Aaron Kiser to Editor

-

Aaron Kiser
Aaron Kiser

Chicago-based Cutters announced that it has promoted Aaron Kiser to editor. After studying telecommunications at Indiana University, Kiser moved to Chicago in 2007, where he soon landed an internship with Cutters. Over the next two-and-a-half years, he rose to become a tape room operator, and was named an assistant editor in 2010.

Mentored for more than three years by Cutters editor/partner Grant Gustafson, whose credits include three of USA Today‘s top ten Super Bowl commercials of all time, Kiser has also been able to learn from many of the editors at Cutters.

According to executive producer/partner Craig Duncan, Kiser has developed a consistent client base and is now regularly requested to edit projects by agencies, brands and directors. Over the past year, he has been the lead editor on projects for Bayer, Capital One, Cricket, La Quinta and State Farm, and most recently for the first new work for McDonald’s via Cossette Chicago, which was directed by Tool of North America‘s Erich Joiner.

“I always love it when things work out the way they’re supposed to,” Duncan said. “Aaron has excelled at every level of this company, from intern to assistant. The fact that he hasn’t assisted in over a year because he has been constantly booked on his own projects made this move a really easy decision for us.”

“I am incredibly grateful and humbled for the opportunity to continue my career with such an incredible company, and, more importantly, with such incredible people,” Kiser added. “Not only have I been encouraged to hone my craft, but I have established many wonderful relationships and friendships with my co-workers and clients.”

- Advertisment -

Popular

Beowulf and 3-D

By Henry Turner Beowulf in 3D is a unique experience, raising not just questions about future of cinema, but also posing unique problems that the...