Voice Of The Crew - Since 2002

Los Angeles, California

HomeIndustry SectorFilmJon Johnson Joins King Soundworks

Jon Johnson Joins King Soundworks

-

LR-Jon Johnson-email

Jon Johnson
Jon Johnson

King SoundWorks, specializing in custom sound design and mixing for features and television, announced that sound designer, Jon Johnson has joined the company. Johnson won the Oscar for Best Sound Design for U-571 and Emmy for Unnatural Causes. Johnson’s current projects include the upcoming 42: The Jackie Robinson Story for Legendary Pictures and the upcoming John Lee Hancock film, Saving Mr. Banks for Walt Disney Pictures.

“I’m very proud to have Jon join our team,” said owner Gregory King. “Jon works with very talented filmmakers on prestigious projects. He will add tremendously to our ultimate goal here at King SoundWorks, which is to make great movies with great people.”

With three decades of experience in sound for picture, Johnson’s combination of sound designing and supervision skills provide superior results while working within production budgeting guidelines. Before King SoundWorks, Johnson worked at Sony.

“This a great opportunity and it’s a very comfortable fit for me at King SoundWorks,” Johnson said. “Greg gets it, and it’s nice to receive immediate response to situations that occur.

He’s a great sounding board and we tend to arrive at the same conclusion via different directions. Confidence is a key element in my work flow and King SoundWorks fills the bill.”

- Advertisment -

Popular

Beowulf and 3-D

By Henry Turner Beowulf in 3D is a unique experience, raising not just questions about future of cinema, but also posing unique problems that the...