Subscribe Now

Voice Of The Crew - Since 2002

Los Angeles, California

HomeIndustry SectorCommercialsKristin Gerhart Promoted to Editor at Cutters

Kristin Gerhart Promoted to Editor at Cutters

-

Kristin Gerhart
Kristin Gerhart

Chicago-based Cutters announced the promotion of Kristin Gerhart to editor. Gerhart joined Cutters in Chicago soon after earning her B.A. from Columbia College Chicago in 2008. Beginning as an assistant editor alongside the company’s many editors, in early 2012 she relocated to California.

“Kristin is dedicated, smart, charming and talented, and she’s very much a team player who is right there whenever she’s needed,” said executive producer Megan Dahlman. “She has been cutting for the last year with clients, so we decided it was time to make it official.”

In the commercial realm, Gerhart has edited campaigns for BCBG, CVS Health, Esurance, Jack In The Box, Kellogg’s and Toyota.

According to executive producer/partner Craig Duncan, not only is she actively sought-after for projects happening all across America, she is also largely responsible for earning many ongoing assignments related to network television upfront presentations.

Currently busy preparing presentations for dozens of new network dramas and comedies for ABC Television, Gerhart said, “I honestly love working on a wide variety of projects: documentary-style, montage, drama and comedy. For me, I just love to tell a story in the best way possible. I’ve edited commercials and films that are everything from comedy to crime dramas and even sci-fi.”

She recently edited director Anthony Vietro‘s narrative feature film Collusions, which is set to debut later this year, as well as director Raphael Rogers‘ dramatic short Revelations: The Fall and the half-hour documentary The Chain from director Scott Weintrob.

The Chain is about altruistic kidney donors starting off a chain reaction by paying it forward,” she continued. “I engulfed myself in that project for several months as I pieced it together from over 50 hours of footage. After screening at the American Documentary Film Festival and elsewhere, many donations were made to UCLA and the National Kidney Registry because of it. There’s something really fun in the challenge of being handed a project with 30-50 hours of footage and no script and turning it into something beautiful with a powerful message.”

- Advertisment -

Popular

Beowulf and 3-D

By Henry Turner Beowulf in 3D is a unique experience, raising not just questions about future of cinema, but also posing unique problems that the...

Time for a Pivot