Voice Of The Crew - Since 2002

Los Angeles, California

HomeIndustry SectorFilmLon Bender Joins Formosa Group

Lon Bender Joins Formosa Group

-

LR-Lon Bender-email

Lon Bender
Lon Bender
Academy Award-winning supervising sound editor and sound designer Lon Bender has joined Formosa Group, a new Hollywood-based sound postproduction company serving film and interactive clients.

“I am delighted to join my friends and some of the motion picture sound industry’s most respected veterans at Formosa Group,” said Bender, one of the founders of Soundelux, where he worked for more than 30 years. “It was a difficult decision to leave the company I founded and built over three decades, and the friends working there, but the community which is Formosa is a great support to my creative endeavors.”

Formosa Group’s roster of sound industry veterans have more than 1,000 movie credits between them, and a combined total of 13 Oscar nominations, six BAFTA nominations and 28 MPSE Golden Reel Awards from over 137 nominations. The group includes Odin Benitez, Scott Gershin, Per Hallberg, Greg Hedgepath, Andy Koyama, Karen Baker Landers, Mark Mangini, Julian Slater, Mark Stoeckinger, Todd Toon and Martyn Zub.

Bender won an Oscar, BAFTA and two MPSE Golden Reel Awards for the sound effects editing for Braveheart (shared with Hallberg). He won Golden Reel Awards for The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Pochahontas. Bender was also nominated for an Oscar for Drive and Blood Diamond, and a BAFTA for Shrek and The Last of the Mohicans. He won a scientific and technical award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for the Advanced Data Encoding System. He has received a total of 26 Golden Reel Award nominations spanning 23 films over the past three decades.

“We are pleased that Lon has joined our team of outstanding sound artists,” said company president and COO Robert Rosenthal. “He shares the group’s passion and commitment for helping filmmakers realize their visions.”

- Advertisment -

Popular

Beowulf and 3-D

By Henry Turner Beowulf in 3D is a unique experience, raising not just questions about future of cinema, but also posing unique problems that the...