Subscribe Now

Voice Of The Crew - Since 2002

Los Angeles, California

HomeIndustry SectorCommercialsOptimus Hires New Editor Caleb Hepler

Optimus Hires New Editor Caleb Hepler

-

Caleb Hepler
Caleb Hepler

Chicago-based production and post house Optimus announced that it has hired Caleb Hepler as its newest editor. Hepler’s work includes the Geico “Unskippable” series of spots for the Martin Agency, which took home 10 Lions from Cannes this year, as well as the prestigious Grand Prix for film.

“We are thrilled to bring Caleb on board at Optimus,” said Optimus editor Randy Palmer. “His background in editorial is top notch, and his talent and passion make him a great fit for our editorial team. We’re looking forward to seeing his contribution to our creative body of work.”

Originally from DeKalb, Ill., Hepler studied film and video at Columbia College. He started in the business immediately after graduation with an internship at Red Car. After that, he joined Whitehouse Post first as an intern and later as an assistant editor, where he soon started cutting his own work. In addition to Geico, Hepler has worked on clients including Eggo, Firestone, Kellogg’s, McDonald’s, Oscar Mayer and Walmart.

“I had an opportunity to meet with several people from Optimus, and it feels like such a natural fit,” commented Hepler. “There is so much to look forward to with the new space in the Wrigley Building and Optimus’ goals for editorial. Every Optimus editor has a unique style and perspective that they bring to the collaborative process, and I look forward to bringing my own.”

- Advertisment -

Popular

Beowulf and 3-D

By Henry Turner Beowulf in 3D is a unique experience, raising not just questions about future of cinema, but also posing unique problems that the...