Sunday, May 19, 2024
Subscribe Now

Voice Of The Crew - Since 2002

Los Angeles, California

HomeIndustry SectorCommercialsRebecca Smialek Returns to Detroit as Director of Business Development for Cutters

Rebecca Smialek Returns to Detroit as Director of Business Development for Cutters

-

Rebecca Smialek
Rebecca Smialek

Detroit-based editorial facility Cutters announced that it has hired Rebecca Smialek as director of business development.

Most recently Smialek held the position of VFX producer for Hectic NY, and had previously produced for Hectic NY’s sister company Moondog Edit, which she joined in 2012. While in New York, she worked with such clients as AT&T, BBW, DSW, GE, PNC Bank, Verizon and Victoria’s Secret. She also worked on the VFX-intensive 14-spot launch campaign for AIO Wireless via LatinWorks. For that particular campaign, Smialek acted as the client liaison, VFX producer in the New York office and project manager for both Hectic NY and the Amsterdam affiliate, Hectic Electric.

Smialek spent the previous four years as producer and rep for Sonic Union. Originally from the Detroit area, before moving to New York in 2008 she worked as an account manager and project manager for Gold Sound, and an assistant editor and graphics producer for Postique, which she joined in 2003.

“Postique is where I met Mary Connolly, Craig Duncan and the majority of the team now at Cutters Detroit, when they all were part of Griot Editorial,” said Smialek. “So this opportunity is not only an awesome new challenge for me, but it also brings me back home to my extended family and the people who were so instrumental in helping me broaden my horizons and go after new challenges.”

- Advertisment -

Popular

SISU Cinema Robotics Announces SISU Battery Box for Robotic Camera Equipment

SISU Cinema Robotics has been transforming the landscape of robotic camera equipment by introducing user-friendly cinema technology designed to keep pace with the demands...

Beowulf and 3-D