Thursday, April 18, 2024
Subscribe Now

Voice Of The Crew - Since 2002

Los Angeles, California

HomeIndustry SectorCommercialsTom Wright Joins Ntropic as Managing Director, North America

Tom Wright Joins Ntropic as Managing Director, North America

-

LR-NtropicTomWright-email

Tom Wright
Tom Wright

Ntropic has welcomed Tom Wright as managing director, North America where he joins Ntropic founder Nate Robinson in guiding the company’s Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco offices. Wright, previously SVP, director of integrated production, at twofifteenmccann developed his advertising and senior leadership skills with various creative agencies and brands – most notably with Xbox. Wright led production on last year’s Help Remedies campaign, the Halo 4 launch and Xbox Kinect Effect work. Wright’s experience also includes executive roles working with brands including Jeep, Ray-Ban, Sprint, Hewlett Packard, Ford and Coca-Cola.

As Wright guides the creative production for Ntropic, Robinson has a partner in the management of the company, which allows him to focus on creative projects. “I’ve known Tom for a very long time, and was looking for just the right person to take my vision for the company to the next level,” Robinson said. “After talking seriously about this, I knew he was the right person to elevate Ntropic as a company and a brand, and to open us up to the opportunities of an evolving industry.”

“I’ve followed the growth of Ntropic for years, and they’ve done it in a smart and artful way, to the point where they can collaborate and create engaging content for any platform,” Wright said. “Ntropic combines the craft and organization of an established studio with the instincts and open energy of a startup. And we have the advantage of three North American offices that share a creative culture and focus that I’m looking forward to developing further.

Ntropic’s recent projects include working with artist Marco Brambilla on his latest 3D video installation Creation [Megaplex], which opened as a solo exhibit in New York. The studio also recently partnered with Team Detroit on a web campaign for the new Lincoln MKZ. The campaign was shot on location in Spain’s City of Arts and Sciences, and included the creation of three CG-heavy films for the Lincoln MKZ site, along with other cross-platform uses. Other Ntropic projects include CG automotive work for Buick Lucerne and LaCrosse, and a new live action and visual effects campaign for Franklin Templeton, which aired during the 2013 Australian Open.

- Advertisment -

Popular

Beowulf and 3-D

By Henry Turner Beowulf in 3D is a unique experience, raising not just questions about future of cinema, but also posing unique problems that the...