The Art Directors Guild (IATSE Local 800) announced that its Gallery 800 will host a reception Oct. 19 to launch its new exhibit entitled, “Art Unites 7: An Eclectic Mix of Art and Artists’ Works.” The exhibit will run through Dec. 14.
In keeping with the spirit of “Art Unites,” Gallery 800 is also exhibiting the personal work of members from Local 729, Motion Picture Set Painters and Sign Writers, and SDSA, the Set Decorators Society of America.
The Art Unites 7 reception will feature more than 100 original art pieces, live music featuring the jazz trio Just In Time, refreshments, and complimentary valet parking.
“These artists are leading design professionals who through a combination of observation, passion and imagination, bring the writer’s words and the director’s vision to life in television and film,” said Mimi Gramatky, president of the Art Directors Guild. “Besides working as integral creative members of the entertainment community, they contribute to the fine art scene with their personal artwork which we are privileged to exhibit at Gallery 800.”
Artists participating in the exhibition include:
• Mel Cooper – Set Decorator for Bounty Killer (2013), The Mindy Project (2012-13), Gilmore Girls (2006-07), Seinfeld (1993-96)
• Shawn Esposito – Production Designer for The Talk (2010-2013), The Voice (2011-2012), The Wanda Sykes Show (2009-2010)
• Catherine Giesecke – Scenic Artist for Man on the Moon (1999); Set Painter for Christmas in Connecticut (1992), Body of Evidence (2002); Painter on Disneyland rides Tower of Terror and Indiana Jones
• Ingrid Rofkar – Painter for Deadwood (2005-06), Crash & Bernstein (2013)
• Joel Schiller – Production Designer for The Muppet Movie (1979); Art Director for Rosemary’s Baby (1968), The Graduate (1967)
• Jeff Skrimstad – Emmy Award winning graphic designer for NFL, Super Bowl XXXIX (2005); NASCAR, MLB; Background Assistant on American Pop (1981)
Located in the heart of the NoHo Arts District, Gallery 800 showcases guild members’ personal art in a series of shows throughout the year.