Sunday, July 21, 2024
Subscribe Now

Voice Of The Crew - Since 2002

Los Angeles, California

HomeIndustry SectorFilmTeamsters Local 399 Casts Landslide Vote to Ratify New Film and TV...

Teamsters Local 399 Casts Landslide Vote to Ratify New Film and TV Contract


Teamsters 399 logo

In a landslide devoid of drama, Hollywood’s Teamsters Local 399 has voted to ratify a new three-year film and TV contract, with 89% of voters casting their ballot in favor of ratification, leaving just 11% to vote against it — and that’s with more than two-thirds of the local’s members casting a vote.

The new agreement with the AMPTP includes higher wages and greater overtime penalties, and also makes it easier for the rank-and-file to secure health care and ultimately, their industry pension. The contract also addresses the local’s pay scale, eliminating the lowest tier, thereby granting everyone who was working at that level a raise based on the budget of new-media projects.

Lindsay Dougherty served as the Local 399’s lead negotiator and its members clearly had her back in overwhelmingly ratifying the contract, which clearly satisfied their core issues, particularly with regards to that thing that makes the world go ’round — money.

Per Deadline, which broke the news, the agreement calls for 3% wage increases retroactive to August 1; an additional $10 per day in meal money ($50 total); a $3 cell phone allowance added per day; and Martin Luther King Jr. Day as a paid holiday — a wise concession from AMPTP President Carol Lombardi.

Meanwhile, after 16 elapsed hours, the Local 399’s members will earn “triple time” and in an effort to curb those weekends that seem to grow shorter and shorter as they’re recalled back to set, they’ll get 54 hours off or be paid additional overtime for the invaded time. After all, that’s the one thing you can never get back.

Local 399 has a “Black Book” agreement that covers drivers, animal trainers/handlers, wranglers, dispatchers, mechanics and auto-service workers employed in the film and TV industry in the 13 Western states. The Basic Crafts unions also are covered by the pact, and their members will vote to ratify later this week.

In a unanimous vote, Laborers Local 724 also ratified the deal on Tuesday, while IBEW Local 40, Studio Plumbers Local 78 and Studio Plasterers Local 755 will each reportedly ratify it by Friday.

- Advertisment -


Beastie Boys

EMMY WATCH 2020: The Sound for the Beastie Boys Story Doc

The original experimental punk, hip hop, rap rock, alternative band of best friends Adam “MCA” Yauch, Michael “Mike D” Diamond, and Adam “Ad-Rock” Horovitz, better...