The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) has announced that the SMPTE 2016 Annual Technical Conference & Exhibition (SMPTE 2016) will host a greatly expanded exhibit space to accommodate a more extensive demonstration of new technologies, as well as a variety of amenities to celebrate the Society’s centennial.
The new Centennial Hall added for SMPTE 2016 will feature:
• A Centennial Exhibit featuring early C. Francis Jenkins (SMPTE’s founder) artifacts from the Wayne County Historical Museum in Richmond, Indiana
• Multivendor interoperability demonstrations of SMPTE Standard 2059 for Internet Protocol Precision Timing, the next generation of time code
• The SMPTE Live Studio featuring Broadcast Beat’s live interview area for SMPTE 2016 speakers
• A beer garden with a pub-style seating area and beverages available every afternoon
• An Oktoberfest reception with German-themed appetizers, open to all SMPTE 2016 attendees on Wednesday, Oct. 26, from 5 to 7 p.m.
“We designed this new space to be inviting to exhibitors and attendees alike,” said SMPTE executive director Barbara Lange. “Conveniently located on the same level as the Ray Dolby Exhibit Hall and technical conference sessions, Centennial Hall will offer many features that enrich attendees’ experience. Special exhibits will provide a look at some of the industry’s oldest and newest technologies, while the beer garden will provide a great space for a quick meeting, enjoying a beverage, or just relaxing and socializing whenever Centennial Hall is open.”
SMPTE 2016 takes place Oct. 25-27 at the Hollywood and Highland Center in Hollywood, California, and is expected to attract more than 2,000 attendees. A limited amount of exhibit space remains available. Further information on SMPTE 2016 exhibition, registration, and sponsorships is available at www.smpte2016.org.
SMPTE 2016 will be preceded on Oct. 24 by the SMPTE 2016 Symposium and followed on Oct. 28 by the SMPTE Centennial Gala, which will celebrate the Society’s past, present, and future. Those registering for SMPTE 2016 may elect to purchase tickets for these events, as well as for the SMPTE Honors & Awards Ceremony, Women in Technology Luncheon, and Student Film Festival.