VIEW Conference 2016, Italy’s largest animation, games, VFX and computer graphics conference has finalized its most robust schedule of keynotes, speakers and workshops ever for the October 24-28, 2016 event. Including key creative talent from five of the top six worldwide grossing films of 2016, the conference showcases the best in animation, games, visual effects, computer graphics and more. New additions to the schedule include:
- DreamWorks Animation’s Trolls directors Mike Mitchell and Walt Dohrn who will discuss the creation of the highly-anticipated animated comedy, starring Justin Timberlake and releases November 4.
- Marvel EVP of physical production Victoria Alonso will talk about her work as an executive producer on many hits including Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Captain America: Civil War and the upcoming Doctor Strange.
- Lucasfilm chief technology officer Rob Bredow discusses experiments underway in virtual reality, augmented reality and interactive cinema at Lucasfilm’s ILMxLAB.
- Twitch chief operating officer Kevin Lin takes a look at where “TV online” is going and what it means for creators.
- ILM visual effects supervisor Russell Earl discusses the creation of Captain America: Civil War, currently #1 at the worldwide box office*.
- ILM visual effects supervisor / second unit director Roger Guyett showcases Star Wars: The Force Awakens
The renowned Turin, Italy confab spans five days and includes six keynotes, talks, workshops & masterclasses, Awards and an all-new games ‘Bootcamp’ & Accelerator program. The complete schedule with information about all the speakers and presentations is online at http://www.viewconference.it.
In addition, VIEW CONFERENCE is also proud to host a selection of talks and workshops on jobs, hiring, tools and training, including:
- J.C. Cornwell – Director of training and artist development at Sony Pictures Imageworks who will offer live portfolio review and recruitment session during a workshop entitled ‘Portfolio review with J.C. Cornwell’
- Josh Holmes – franchise creative director at 343 Industries, discussing ‘The Power of Ambition’ and workshoping the art of the pitch with ‘Pitch Perfect.’
- Marc Haimes, screenplay writer, Kubo and The Two Strings, at Laika will present a workshop to discuss ‘Scrutinizing the Writing Process & Lifestyle: 7 Hacks To Avoid Becoming A Hack.’
And sessions showcasing storytelling, arts and artistry in the broader context, including:
- Dr. Donald Greenberg – esteemed professor of computer graphics at Cornell University, draws on precedents from the Italian Renaissance to illustrate the strong relationship between art and science during a workshop titled, ‘Visual Imaging in the Electronic Age.’
- Michael Rubin, Fine art photographer, director, The Rubin Collection discussing ‘Synecdoche & Haiku: Photography Beyond Ubiquity’ as well as a ‘Photographic “Haiku” Masterclass’ and ‘Photographic “synecdoche” workshop.’
- A panel discussing ‘Storytelling in the digital age: film vs TV series’ including Byron Howard – co-director, Zootopia; Conrad Vernon – co-director, Sausage Party; Chris Perry – professor of media & arts at Hampshire College; Simone Giampaolo – director, Blue Zoo Studios, Francesco Testa – CEO, Lastrego & Testa and Paolo Manera – director, Piedmont Film Commission.
The VIEW Conference has also launched, and is now accepting submissions, in an exciting competition for animated short films or videogames created during 2015 and 2016. http://www.viewconference.it/awards-and-social-contest/. Deadline is September 15th.
GAMES ‘BOOT CAMP’ ACCELERATOR PROGRAM:
The conference’s first-ever program to offer five early-stage game companies the opportunity for mentoring and financial backing. http://www.viewconference.it/games-bootcamp
The VIEW 2016 Conference is made possible with the support of Compagnia Di San Paolo, Fondazione CRT, Piedmont Region, Turin’s Chamber of Commerce and the City of Turin.
Visit: http://www.viewconference.it for more information.