Voice Of The Crew - Since 2002

Los Angeles, California

HomeCraftsDirection2C Appoints Tim Hamilton Senior VP

2C Appoints Tim Hamilton Senior VP

-

LR-Tim Hamilton-email

Tim Hamilton
Tim Hamilton

Miami-based production company 2C has named Tim Hamilton its new senior vice president, development. The company helped launch Hamilton’s career almost 10 years ago. Hamilton’s credit list includes series for VH1, A+E, TLC, UP, Animal Planet, Destination America and Travel Channel.

“Tim is the natural choice to champion the expansion of 2C’s development slate as we head into our next decade,” said Chris Sloan, founder and chief creative officer of 2C. “I’ve had the pleasure of watching his successes over the past years, and I look forward to seeing this relationship come full circle as he rejoins us to make even more magic.”

“Tim has a great work ethic and just the right vision to take us where we want to go with our original slate,” said co-founder Carla Kaufman Sloan. “We can’t wait to see what he does next.”

Hamilton first met the Sloans while he and Carla were producing series for Telepictures in Los Angeles. A few months later, Chris and Carla launched 2C Media in Miami, asked Hamilton to join them and gave him his first opportunity to executive produce and run a series. He produced Project: Freshman, Be a Red Star and the My Network Premiere Special before taking an opportunity to continue his development career in LA.

“It is such a wonderful and rare opportunity to rejoin the company that helped launch my career over a decade ago,” said Hamilton. “I’m excited to work with Chris and Carla in not only building on 2C’s strong development slate, but also helping to bring their efforts to new heights.”

Most recently, Hamilton served as vice president of development at Tremendous Entertainment in Los Angeles where he launched the West Coast development and production office, while overseeing the company’s new slate of domestic and international television projects. He created and executive produced Ghost Asylum for Destination America, Angels Among Us for TLC, Off Pitch for VH1, Ghostland, Tennessee for Animal Planet, Family Addition with Leigh Anne Tuohy for UP and Bama State Style for A+E. Prior to joining Tremendous, Hamilton was part of the development team at 495 Productions.

He is a member of the Producers Guild of America and the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences and has been honored with multiple Telly Awards and a Webby Award nomination for his work as executive producer of 2C’s Project: Freshman.

- Advertisment -

Popular

Beowulf and 3-D

By Henry Turner Beowulf in 3D is a unique experience, raising not just questions about future of cinema, but also posing unique problems that the...