Friday, March 29, 2024
Subscribe Now

Voice Of The Crew - Since 2002

Los Angeles, California

HomeNewsCinema Audio Society Announces New Board

Cinema Audio Society Announces New Board

-

From left: Steve Venezia, Bob Bronow, Jeff Wexler, former president Richard Lightstone, Walter Murch, former president Melissa Hoffman, David Bondelevitch, Phil Palmer, David Fluhr, Sherry Klein, Tomlinson Holman, Karol Urban, John Coffey, Ed Greene, former president Edward Moskowitz, Peter Devlin, Glen Trew and Peter Damski.  (Photo by Ana Gibert).
From left: Steve Venezia, Bob Bronow, Jeff Wexler, former president Richard Lightstone, Walter Murch, former president Melissa Hoffman, David Bondelevitch, Phil Palmer, David Fluhr, Sherry Klein, Tomlinson Holman, Karol Urban, John Coffey, Ed Greene, former president Edward Moskowitz, Peter Devlin, Glen Trew and Peter Damski. (Photo by Ana Gibert).
Outgoing Cinema Audio Society president David Fluhr announced the results of the society’s 2015 elections.

The new board represents a cross section of production and postproduction sound professionals. The newly elected officers include board president Mark Ulano, treasurer Peter Damski and returning secretary David Bondelevitch. The board of directors held a special election in order to fill the vice-president slot vacated by Ulano. Phil Palmer will be completing that term.

The new CAS board of directors will include re-recording mixers Deb Adair, Bob Bronow, Gary Rizzo, Tomlinson Holman, Sherry Klein, Walter Murch, Karol Urban, Steve Venenzia, and production mixers John Coffey, Peter Devlin, Ed Greene, Lee Orloff, Lisa Pinero, Glen Trew and Jeff Wexler.

“It was a true honor to serve the membership these last four years, and I am confident that my good friend Mark Ulano will lead the organization with a steady hand,” said Fluhr. “My thanks go out to the entire board of directors, staff and members who have helped make the CAS a healthy and vital organization, dedicated to the advancement of sound.”

“I am honored to take the leadership of such a significant institution. As I look at the board of directors I will be serving with I am struck by their dedication to sound and commitment to the CAS,” said Ulano. “We have a legacy to honor and a commitment to advance the recognition of the art of sound mixing. I am energized by the responsibility you have placed in my hands.”

- Advertisment -

Popular

Brad Allan

Over the Weekend 8/9/21: Night Court‘s Markie Post Dies, The Suicide...

Unfortunately, this past weekend was one full of sadness as a number of prominent and beloved people from across our industry passed away. First up, Markie...

Beowulf and 3-D