Subscribe Now

Voice Of The Crew - Since 2002

Los Angeles, California

HomeIndustry SectorCommercialsDirector Georgi Banks-Davies Joins Madheart

Director Georgi Banks-Davies Joins Madheart

-

Georgi Banks-Davies
Georgi Banks-Davies

Los Angeles-based production company Madheart has signed British director Georgi Banks-Davies to its roster. Banks-Davies has worked on spots for Coca-Cola, AT&T and O2.

“Georgi is a brilliant talent whose work is particularly relevant to today’s culture,” said Madheart executive producer Lisa Phillips. “She creates advertising that is uplifting, with a depth and richness that is both real and appropriate to the subject or brand. We are very excited to work with her.”

Banks-Davies is currently working on a campaign for Coca-Cola via Ogilvy & Mather, Berlin, and German production company Tony Petersen Film (TPF).

Banks-Davies has been directing through Friend for two years and during that time has created a body of work for major advertisers. Her latest work includes a campaign for the international food brand American Garden. Themed “Let’s Savor Life,” the ads show people of different ethnicities enjoying the magic of being alive. Scenes range from young people sitting around a beach campfire to a couple skydiving.

“It’s about the sense of wonder, the energy and excitement people invest in moments from the smallest to the biggest,” said Banks-Davies.

Although she has done the bulk of her work in Europe, Banks-Davies is not entirely new to U.S. advertising. Last December, she directed a campaign for AT&T and BBDO, New York focused on digital lifestyles.

Banks-Davies was hired directly out of film school by the BBC to direct on-air promos and other short-form media. Two years later, she joined CNN. Traveling to Beirut, Uganda, California and other points around the world, she again created promos and short films on an array of subjects. “My time at CNN made me the director that I am today,” she says. “It taught me the art of emotional storytelling – how to say it all in a very short time.”

- Advertisment -

Popular

Beowulf and 3-D

By Henry Turner Beowulf in 3D is a unique experience, raising not just questions about future of cinema, but also posing unique problems that the...