Saturday, April 20, 2024
Subscribe Now

Voice Of The Crew - Since 2002

Los Angeles, California

HomeIndustry SectorCommercialsTom Aberg Joins Fast Cuts

Tom Aberg Joins Fast Cuts

-

Tom Aberg
Dallas-based editorial post house Fast Cuts has added Tom Aberg to its editorial roster. Aberg joins the ranks of Richard Gillespie, Marc Hoffmeister, Brody Howard, Michael Oleksinski, Michael Van de Kamer, Brad Thurman and Kristina Zimmerman.

“He’s a great asset to our talented group,” said owner/editor Gillespie. “He brings many years of editorial experience to Fast Cuts, not to mention valuable insight from establishing his own shop, Tom’s Easy Way.” Aberg’s past projects range from commercial productions for MasterCard, Dallas International Film Festival, Publix, Neiman Marcus and TX Lottery, as well as the short film Bottle Rocket starring the Wilson brothers.

His passion in postproduction began in the Big Apple where he worked for Editing Concepts, (now known as The Now Corporation). “I scratched and clawed my way to assistant editor,” said Aberg. “Everybody there was great. I found myself working with Joel Cohen and my roommate was Andrew McCarthy. It was a pretty exciting time.”

After a few years in New York, Tom returned to Dallas, where he and his wife established Tom’s Easy Way. His latest works include a spot for California Pacific Medical Center and Nascar-themed webisodes for Home Depot featuring racecar driver, Joey Logano. “In my opinion, Fast Cuts has always added value and prestige to the art of professional editing,” said Aberg.

Fast Cuts offers six HD offline suites with Avid Media Composer, Symphony and Final Cut Pro. Finishing is performed in two HD online suites featuring Autodesk Smoke, Flame and color grading in Lustre. Graphics rounds out the finishing experience with multiple workstations that feature the latest in 3D and 2D animation. Audio mixing, music scoring and sound-design happens in two Russ Berger-designed audio suites, both equipped with Pro-Tools HD9, surround sound and HD big-screen projection for a theater mixing. Everything is linked together via a Unity Server, making it possible to work on projects in multiple rooms simultaneously for more efficiency.

- Advertisment -

Popular

Beowulf and 3-D

By Henry Turner Beowulf in 3D is a unique experience, raising not just questions about future of cinema, but also posing unique problems that the...