Thursday, April 25, 2024
Subscribe Now

Voice Of The Crew - Since 2002

Los Angeles, California

HomeIndustry SectorCommercialsRock Paper Scissors Bolsters New York Crew with Mikkel EG Nielsen

Rock Paper Scissors Bolsters New York Crew with Mikkel EG Nielsen

-

LR-Mikkel EG Nielsen-email

Mikkel EG Nielsen
Mikkel EG Nielsen
Rock Paper Scissors has added editor Mikkel EG Nielsen to its New York staff. A prolific presence in the feature film, TV, short film, music video and commercial worlds, he brings nearly two decades of experience to the studio. Nielsen is known for his close collaborations with top talent, including work with Adam Hashemi, Martin Werner, Academy director Martin de Thurah and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo screenplay writer Nikolaj Arcel.

His recent work includes atmospheric music videos for Feist, Katy Perry and Jamie Blake; fashion films for BLK DNM; the Academy Award-nominated feature film A Royal Affair, and spots for VW, Camelot, Acura, Jack & Jones, Audi and Canal Digital.

“I have always had great respect for Rock Paper Scissors’ work,” said Nielsen, who worked with the studio in 2011. “I couldn’t turn down the chance to join their New York staff full time and call this talented group of editors my colleagues.”

Nielsen’s body of commercial, film, music video and TV work has won numerous Roberts, True, LIA, Emmy, Cannes and Berlin Silver Bear awards, in addition to Golden Globe and Oscar nominations. Nielsen will continue to teach an annual Danish film school class to editors, photographers and directors, which he has done for nearly a decade.

- Advertisment -

Popular

Beowulf and 3-D

By Henry Turner Beowulf in 3D is a unique experience, raising not just questions about future of cinema, but also posing unique problems that the...