Voice Of The Crew - Since 2002

Los Angeles, California

HomeCraftsEditingAvid Appoints Jennifer Smith Chief Marketing Officer

Avid Appoints Jennifer Smith Chief Marketing Officer

-

LR-Jennifer Smith-email

Jennifer Smith
Jennifer Smith

Avid announced that marketing executive Jennifer Smith has been named senior vice president and chief marketing officer (CMO), based in the company’s Burlington, Mass. headquarters.

Reporting directly to Avid president and CEO Louis Hernandez, Jr., Smith will be responsible for driving all aspects of Avid’s worldwide market presence and growth, including its strategic positioning, go-to-market strategies, and all marketing disciplines within the organization. Smith will also oversee Avid’s strategic collaboration with customers via the Avid Customer Association.

“Jennifer has a reputation for inspiring creativity, deepening customer relationships, and driving value in global technology organizations,” said Hernandez. “We welcome her fresh ideas, strategic thinking, customer focus, and results-oriented approach…”

Smith brings 15 years of senior management experience in technology marketing at major software companies both in the U.S. and internationally. She joins Avid from Progress Software, where she held senior leadership roles on the marketing team before becoming the company’s chief marketing officer and senior vice president, and where she led a successful re-branding initiative. Before her seven years at Progress, Smith held marketing leadership positions in several different companies in Europe, including Peoplesoft and Microsoft.

“My driving philosophy is to create close alignment among marketing, product and sales teams to bring demonstrated value to our customers and partners,” said Smith. “I am pleased to be joining a team that is so committed to innovation and customer success; and I look forward to being part of delivering on the promise of the Avid Everywhere vision and recapturing the imagination of the industry.”

- Advertisment -

Popular

Brad Allan

Over the Weekend 8/9/21: Night Court‘s Markie Post Dies, The Suicide...

Unfortunately, this past weekend was one full of sadness as a number of prominent and beloved people from across our industry passed away. First up, Markie...

Beowulf and 3-D